Sunday, May 9, 2010

world reportedly full of happy mothers!

i couldn't believe what i heard on tv this morning: that today on mother's day we should celebrate the birth control pill. because it is a "miracle pill" that has allowed women to be in control of their families, thereby creating much happier mothers! well...they are more pedicured and pampered, perhaps. better dressed. more expensive hairstyles, maybe skinnier. but look at their faces. are they HAPPY? in my own life, it was when i wanted to take control of my motherhood, limiting my children so i could be pampered, that i was miserable and frazzled! it was only through the giving up of that need to control, that i found the Lord giving me inner rest, and the ability to enjoy my motherhood more. my little secret! please look around you and see if the world is so chock full of happy mothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment